Using Saved Replies
If you work in customer support, you've probably encountered a time when multiple people were asking the same question.
For example, when we launched DoneDone 2, we received a lot of questions about how to switch from a Classic account over to DoneDone 2.
In the spirit of increasing efficiency, we created saved replies for those times when you need to respond to your customers' most frequently asked questions. Here’s how to use them.
Create your saved reply
- First things first, you need to create a saved reply. To do this, log into your DoneDone account, then select the Mailbox you'd like to create a saved reply for. In this example, we'll create a saved reply for the Customer Support Mailbox.
- Once you've selected the Mailbox you'd like to create a saved reply for, look for the three dots located in the upper left-hand corner next to the Mailbox name. Click the dots to reveal a drop-down menu, then click on Saved Replies.
- From here, you'll have the ability to create a new saved reply or edit an existing one. To create a new reply, simply click on New Reply +. To edit a saved reply, click on the edit icon next to the reply you'd like to edit and make your changes from there. You can also delete a saved reply from here by selecting the red trash icon next to the reply you'd like to delete.
- When you create a new saved reply, you have a couple of options to customize your message. For starters, you can title the reply for easy identification. You can add links, attachments, and quotes. You also have the ability to automatically import the customer and replier name to each message - no need to manually type them in each time! To add this feature, simply click on Insert Variable + and select the function you'd like to enter. Once you finish crafting your message, make sure to hit Add Reply, then Save Changes, and you're ready to go!
To learn more about customizing additional email settings (like creating a signature), check out our help doc on Setting up your Mailbox.
Using your saved replies
Once you've created a saved reply, you're ready to put it into action. Read on for what to do when the next commonly asked question comes in.
- From your Mailbox, click on the conversation you'd like to respond to.
- Once you click on the conversation, scroll down to the bottom of the page to the comment box and click Reply to Customer.
- From there, click on the saved reply icon on the right side of the tool panel, which will reveal a drop-down menu of the saved replies for that Mailbox. Simply select the saved reply you'd like to use, hit send, and voila! You're ready to respond to your customers professionally and in half the time.